Saturday

Full Contact Chess

Mom is at her sewing night, and Maddy is at Talia's b-day party, so I decided to play game of chess with the boys before bed. We sat on the floor in the living room to play; Josh was on my team. After some play, Ethan "ate" both of our Knights. Josh said, "Dad, stinka Ethan ate ow'a Knights!", and promptly tackled Ethan. I "talked" them apart and we continued playing. Later I checkmated Ethan (that's right, I prevailed). He lunged accross the chess board and tackled me. Josh wanted in so he tackled me too...yes, he was my teammate. The chess game quickly morphed into wwf. Of course, all that matters is that I won. Sure he's five and a half...a win is a win.

3 comments:

cdiddy said...

Sounds like a MasterCard ad. Beating your five year old at chess ...Priceless!!!

Julie said...

Aren't boys great?! You gotta love them. Sounds like you're having fun and doing well.

Devlin said...

Cory, you should be honest with yourself and the world. You started the "physical altercation". :)